1st New Mexico Bank, Wild Wild West Pro Rodeo
May 30 through June 2, 2018
Our 2017 nightly sponsors were:
- Wednesday – The Boys and the Bulls with performance sponsor Freeport McMoRan.
- Thursday – Family Night and “Tough Enough to Wear Pink” night with performance sponsor Snappy Mart. Exceptional Rodeo at 6:15 pm.
- Friday – Rodeo action brought to you by Big O Tire of Silver City.
- Saturday – The final performance brought to you by “The Brown Boys” at Werner Tire.
Gates open at 6:30 pm, Circle Heart Mutton Bustin’ at 7:30 pm and the PRCA Rodeo performance gets underway at 8 pm.
2017 Ticket prices are $15 in advance and $18 at the gate and will go on sale Wednesday, May 24, 2017.
2017 Tickets will be on sale at the following outlets:
- Circle Heart Western Wear (2640 Hwy 180 East, Silver City)
- First New Mexico Bank (Silver City and Deming) — on Facebook!
- Circle S Western Emporium (Deming)
- Lawley Dodge (2750 Hwy 180 East, Silver City) – – on Facebook! ** pay with a credit card here only!**
- Absolutely no refunds or exchanges!
2017 Event Sponsors:
- Bull Riding – Lawley Dodge
- Steer Wrestling – Devil Doc
- Tie-Down Roping – Arenas Valley Animal Clinic
- Team Roping – James Hamilton Construction
- Bareback Riding – Zia Access Health Care
- Saddle Bronc Riding – Leavitt Group Southwest
- Barrel Racing – McDonald’s
- Steer Roping – T.B.D.
- Exceptional Rodeo – Humphrey Enterprises
- Mutton Busting – Circle Heart Western Wear
- Calf Scramble – Silver City Radio, KNFT
- Announcer –James Horcasitas – Hood River Distillers
- Clown/Barrelman – Justin Rumford – Boutique Air
- 2017 Miss Turquoise Circuit – Jordan Ownby – Wendy’s Restaurant
- Timed events slack – 8 am Wednesday
- Steer Roping – 8 am Thursday
- The Exceptional Rodeo – Thursday 6:15 pm
- Family night & Tough Enough to Wear Pink Night – Thursday
- Barrel Race Jackpot – Saturday
Rodeo Kick-off at 1st New Mexico Bank – come out to meet the rodeo professional bull fighters, rodeo royalty, and competitors – Wednesday 11 am to 1 pm. Radio remote with KNFT. Food and giveaways!
- NEW THIS YEAR! Rodeo Roundup – Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast, booths, rodeo personalities meet & greet at 1st New Mexico Bank – Saturday 8 am to 11 am.
- Family dance on the slab at the arena after the rodeo by Lone Mountain 4-H – Friday and Saturday nights at 9 pm.
- NEW THIS YEAR! “Dance in the Dirt” with the Yarbrough Band Friday and Saturday nights. 10 pm to 1 am at the rodeo arena. $10 cover, 21 and over!
We appreciate the hard work of our rodeo stock contractor Carr Pro Rodeo and Pete Carr’s Classic Pro Rodeo
- Q: How do I enter the rodeo? A: You must be a PRCA card or permit holder to enter the WWWPR.
- Q: Any special rodeo ground rules. A: Yes, the arena gate will be closed during each Barrel Racing run.
- Q: How can I volunteer? A: We would love to have you as a volunteer for our rodeo. We need ticket takers, folks to help clean up, runners, etc. These are non-paid positions. However, for a job well done, with multiple hours contributed, you might get a free ticket to the rodeo.
- Q: Do I have to purchase a ticket for my infant? A: We don’t have a hard and fast rule for this. Per the rodeo chairman, “If they are 5 and younger, and will be sitting in a seat they need a ticket, if they will be sitting on your lap, no ticket needed.”
- Q: How do I become a vendor? A: We ensure that we have a variety of vendors; no one selling the same thing. We have events happening starting on Tuesday through Saturday. The charge is $250 – $350 for the week. Contact P.D. Wilkerson at 575.519.8670.
- Q: How do I enter my child in the Mutton Busting? A: Circle Heart Western Wear starts the sign ups around the middle of May. They have 15 slots per performance. Parents must sign a waiver to enter their child.
- Q: Can I purchase my rodeo tickets with a credit card? A: You can buy your rodeo tickets at Lawley Dodge using a credit card. Only at this location!
- Q: Who are your national sponsors? A: MillerCoors Brewing, Pendleton Whisky, RAM Trucks, Justin Boots, and Wrangler.
- Q: What do I need to know to take photographs at the rodeo? A: All photographers who are not PRCA members must sign the PRCA license form agreeing that photographs may not be used, sold or reused in any other manner including, but not limited to, broadcast or streaming in any format (to include any websites) or for any other purpose without the prior written consent of the PRCA. The PRCA license agreement for media and freelance photographers is available through the rodeo committee or by calling PRCA Media at 719.528.4736.
- Q: How do I get box seating? A: Box seating for the week comes with a sponsor package purchase. These sponsor packages start at $800, most packages average $1,600 -$2,500 (event and nightly sponsorships).
For additional information contact our Rodeo Chairman, Tyler Brown at 575.538.1778. We look forward to seeing you at the Rodeo!