1st New Mexico Bank, Wild Wild West Pro Rodeo
June 13-16, 2018
NEW for 2018 – Rodeo Chairman, John Myers – 575.654.4625 and stock contractor Hi Lo Pro Rodeo.
If you have been a sponsor in the past, we hope you continue your generous support for the 2018 year. Sponsorship prices have remained the same for the past three years. In 2018 there will be an increase in some of the sponsorship package rates.
Our 2018 nightly sponsors:
- Wednesday – The Boys and the Bulls with performance sponsor Freeport McMoRan.
- Thursday – Family Night and “Tough Enough to Wear Pink” night with performance sponsor Snappy Mart. Exceptional Rodeo at 6:15 pm.
- Friday – Rodeo action brought to you by Big O Tire of Silver City.
- Saturday – The final performance brought to you by “The Brown Boys” at Werner Tire.
Gates open at 6:30 pm, Stone, McGee & Co. Mutton Bustin’ at 7:30 pm and the PRCA Rodeo performance gets underway at 8 pm.
2018 Ticket prices are $15 in advance and $18 at the gate and will go on sale FRIDAY, JUNE 1, 2018.
Thursday is Family night – buy three tickets get one free! This promotion is only good on Thursday!
2018 Tickets will be on sale at the following outlets:
- Circle Heart Western Wear (2640 Hwy 180 East, Silver City) – Circle Heart will re-open the week of rodeo – Monday, June 11
- First New Mexico Bank (Silver City and Deming)
- Circle S Western Emporium (Deming)
- Lawley Dodge (2750 Hwy 180 East, Silver City) – – on Facebook! ** pay with a credit card here only!**
- Absolutely no refunds or exchanges!
2018 Event Sponsors:
- Bull Riding – Lawley Dodge
- Steer Wrestling – Southwest Concrete & Paving
- Tie-Down Roping – Arenas Valley Animal Clinic
- Team Roping – James Hamilton Construction
- Bareback Riding – Zia Access Health Care
- Saddle Bronc Riding – Leavitt Group Southwest
- Barrel Racing – McDonald’s
- Steer Roping – Runyan Construction
- Exceptional Rodeo – Humphrey Enterprises
- Mutton Busting – Stone, McGee & Co.
- Calf Scramble – Silver City Radio, KNFT
- Announcer: Trey Windhorst – Poplar Bluff, MO – Facebook Page
- Clown/Barrelman: Cody Sosebee – Charleston, AR – 2017 WNFR Barrelman – Facebook Page
- 2018 Miss Turquoise Circuit: Haley Olsen, Bullhead City, AZ – Facebook Page – Sponsored by Southwest Bone & Joint.
Guest Royalty: Miss Rodeo New Mexico 2018, Kiana Elder – Miss Rodeo New Mexico Teen, Clara Maxam and Southern New Mexico State Fair Queen, Alyssa Marable – Sponsored by Wendy’s.
- Scoreboard Sponsors: Mars Petcare (Pedigree, Dentastix, Nutro), Tres Osos Performance Horses, Mize Performance Horses, WNM Communications and Hidalgo Medical Services.
- Timed events slack and Steer Roping – 8 am Wednesday
- The Exceptional Rodeo – Thursday 6:15 pm
- Family night & Tough Enough to Wear Pink Night – Thursday
You are invited to the 1st New Mexico Bank Customer Appreciation Party Thursday, June 14 from 11 am to 7 pm. Join them from Hotdogs and Hamburgers in the parking lot from 11 am to 7 pm. Also, from 11 am to 1 pm celebrate Family Night at the rodeo – meet the professional bullfighters, rodeo royalty, and competitors. Radio remote with KNFT. Food and giveaways!
- Family dance on the slab at the arena after the rodeo by Lone Mountain 4-H – Friday and Saturday nights at 9 pm.
We are pleased to announce our 2018 stock contractor Hi Lo ProRodeo – Facebook Page
- Q: How do I enter the rodeo? A: You must be a PRCA card or permit holder to enter the WWWPR.
- Q: Any special rodeo ground rules. A: Yes, the arena gate will be closed during each Barrel Racing run.
- Q: How can I volunteer? A: We would love to have you as a volunteer for our rodeo. We need ticket takers, folks to help clean up, runners, etc. These are non-paid positions. However, for a job well done, with multiple hours contributed, you might get a free ticket to the rodeo.
- Q: Do I have to purchase a ticket for my infant? A: We don’t have a hard and fast rule for this. Per the rodeo chairman, “If they are 5 and younger, and will be sitting in a seat they need a ticket, if they will be sitting on your lap, no ticket needed.”
- Q: How do I become a vendor? A: We ensure that we have a variety of vendors; no one selling the same thing. We have events happening starting on Tuesday through Saturday. The charge is $250 – $350 for the week. Contact P.D. Wilkerson at 575.519.8670.
- Q: How do I enter my child in the Mutton Busting? A: Sign up location for 2018 will be 1st New Mexico Bank – sign up beginning Tuesday, May 29. There are 15 slots per performance. Parents must sign a waiver, in person, to enter their child. Registration closes June 12. Rules are handed out when registered.
- Q: Can I purchase my rodeo tickets with a credit card? A: You can buy your rodeo tickets at Lawley Dodge using a credit card. Only at this location!
- Q: Who are your national sponsors? A: MillerCoors Brewing, RAM Trucks, Justin Boots, and Wrangler.
- Q: What do I need to know to take photographs at the rodeo? A: You may take photographs for your OWN PERSONAL USE. For ANY commercial use at all photographers who are not PRCA members must sign the PRCA license form agreeing that photographs may not be used, sold or reused in any other manner including, but not limited to, broadcast or streaming in any format (to include any websites) or for any other purpose without the prior written consent of the PRCA. The PRCA license agreement for media and freelance photographers is available through the rodeo committee or by calling PRCA Media at 719.528.4736.
- Q: How do I get box seating? A: Box seating for the week comes with a sponsor package purchase. These sponsor packages start at $800, most packages average $1,600 -$2,500 (event and nightly sponsorships).
For additional information contact our Rodeo Chairman, John Myers at 575.654.4625. We look forward to seeing you at the Rodeo!