Welcome to the home of the Wild Wild West Pro Rodeo in Silver City, New Mexico!
2017 dates – May 31, June 1, 2, & 3.
We will be celebrating 26 years of the Wild Wild West Pro Rodeo in 2016!
This annual PRCA Rodeo features high-flying bull riding, fast riding and roping and much more, all under the cool New Mexico evening skies. Our rodeo competition features some of the nation’s toughest Cowboys & Cowgirls and wildest bulls & broncs. Enjoy watching the little ones in the nightly mutton bustin’. Events are held at the Southwest Horseman’s Park, off of US Hwy 180 and Caballero Road just East of Silver City, New Mexico.
Such a great crew, who worked so hard to make this year’s Rodeo the best! Thank you to the members of the Southwest Horseman’s Association Committee and the folks from Pete Carr Classic Pro Rodeo.
Many thanks to our 2016 Wild Wild West Pro Rodeo Sponsors:
Our 2016 nightly sponsors:
- Wednesday – The Boys and the Bulls with performance sponsor Freeport McMoRan.
- Thursday – Family Night and “Tough Enough to Wear Pink” night with performance sponsor Snappy Mart. Exceptional Rodeo at 6:15 pm.
- Friday – Rodeo action brought to you by Big O Tire of Silver City.
- Saturday – The final performance brought to you by “The Brown Boys” at Werner Tire.
Gates open at 6:30 pm, Circle Heart Mutton Bustin’ at 7:30 pm and the PRCA Rodeo performance gets underway at 8 pm.
2016 Tickets will be on sale at the following outlets:
- Circle Heart Western Wear (2640 Hwy 180 East, Silver City)!,
- First New Mexico Bank (Silver City and Deming)
- Lawley Dodge (2750 Hwy 180 East, Silver City) – – on Facebook! ** pay with a credit card here only!**
Absolutely no refunds or exchanges.
2016 Ticket prices are $15 in advance and $18 at the gate and will go on sale Thursday, May 26th.
2016 Event Sponsors:
- Bull Riding – Lawley Dodge
- Steer Wrestling – T.B.D.
- Tie-Down Roping – Arenas Valley Animal Clinic
- Team Roping – Chuck Hamilton Construction
- Bareback Riding – Zia Access Health Care
- Saddle Bronc Riding – Leavitt Group Southwest
- Barrel Racing – Edward Jones Investments
- Steer Roping – Bill & Sue Ann Craddock
- Exceptional Rodeo – Humphrey Enterprises
- Mutton Busting – Circle Heart Western Wear
- Calf Scramble – Silver City Radio, KNFT
- James Horcasitas, Announcer – Hood River Distilleries
- Rockin Robbie Hodges, Clown/Barrelman – First NM Bank
- Nicole Nelson, Miss Turquoise Circuit 2016 and Cami Belcher, 2016 NM State Fair Rodeo Queen sponsored by Wendy’s – & – Connie Finch, Miss Grant County SHA Rodeo Queen 2016 – Southwest Bone & Joint.
- Open Team Roping – May 31st.
- Timed events slack – June 1st 9 am and Bill Craddock Memorial Steer Roping – June 2nd 8 am.
- The Exceptional Rodeo – Thursday, June 3rd at 6:15 pm.
- Tough Enough to Wear Pink Night – Thursday, June 3rd.
- Open Barrel Race – June 4th.
- First New Mexico Bank radio remote with KNFT – come out to meet the rodeo professional bull fighters, rodeo royalty, and competitors – Wednesday, June 1st from 11 am to 1 pm.
- Rodeo personalities meet & greet at Circle Heart – Friday, June 3rd from 1:30 to 3 pm.
- Family dance on the slab at the arena after the rodeo by Lone Mountain 4-H – Friday and Saturday nights at 9 pm.
We appreciate the hard work of our rodeo stock contractor Carr Pro Rodeo and Pete Carr’s Classic Pro Rodeo
- Q: How do I enter the rodeo? A: You must be a PRCA card or permit holder to enter the WWWPR.
- Q: Any special rodeo ground rules. A: Yes, the arena gate will be closed during each Barrel Racing run.
- Q: Do I have to purchase a ticket for my infant? A: We don’t have a hard and fast rule for this. Per the rodeo chairman, “If they are 5 and younger, and will be sitting in a seat they need a ticket, if they will be sitting on your lap, no ticket needed.”
- Q: How do I become a vendor? A: We ensure that we have a variety of vendors; no one selling the same thing. We have events happening starting on Tuesday through Saturday. The charge is $300 – $500 for the week. Contact P.D. Wilkerson at 575.519.8670.
- Q: How do I get box seating? A: Box seating for the week comes with a sponsor package purchase. These sponsor packages start at $800. FOR 2016 ONLY! There are a few extra box seats that can be purchased at Circle Heart.
- Q: How do I enter my child in the Mutton Busting? A: Circle Heart Western Wear starts the sign ups around the middle of May. They have 15 slots per performance. Parents must sign a waiver to enter their child.
- Q: Can I purchase my rodeo tickets with a credit card? A: You can buy your rodeo tickets at Lawley Dodge using a credit card. Only at this location!
- Q: Who are your national sponsors? A: MillerCoors Brewing, Pendleton Whisky, RAM Trucks, Justin Boots, and Wrangler.
For additional information contact our Rodeo Chairman, Tyler Brown at 575.538.1778. We look forward to seeing you at the Rodeo!
Copyright © 2015 Southwest Horseman’s Association. All Rights Reserved. The contents of this site are the copyrighted property of the Southwest Horseman’s Association. Reproduction of any part of this site or the information contained herein without the express written consent of the Southwest Horseman’s Association is strictly prohibited. The phrase “Wild Wild West Pro Rodeo” and the Wild Wild West Pro Rodeo logo are registered servicemarks of the Southwest Horseman’s Association. Use of these marks without the express written consent of the Southwest Horseman’s Association is strictly prohibited.