Welcome to the official page of the Southwest Horseman’s Association and the WILD WILD WEST PRO RODEO in Silver City, New Mexico.
June 3, 4, 5 & 6, 2015
Celebrating 25 Years!
This annual PRCA Rodeo features high-flying bull riding, fast riding and roping and much more, all under the cool New Mexico evening skies. Our rodeo competition features some of the nation’s toughest Cowboys & Cowgirls and wildest bulls & broncs. Enjoy watching the little ones in the nightly mutton bustin’. Events are held at the Southwest Horseman’s Park, off of US Hwy 180 and Caballero Road just East of Silver City, New Mexico.
They are celebrating 25 years of serving the residents of Silver City in 2015!
Many thanks to our nightly sponsors:
- Wednesday – The Boys and the Bulls with performance sponsor Freeport McMoRan.
- Thursday – Family Night and “Tough Enough to Wear Pink” night with performance sponsor Snappy Mart. Exceptional Rodeo at 6:15 pm.
- Friday – Rodeo action brought to you by Big O Tire of Silver City.
- Saturday – The final performance brought to you by “The Brown Boys” at Werner Tire.
Gates open at 6 pm, Circle Heart Mutton Bustin’ at 7:30 pm and the PRCA Rodeo performance gets underway at 8 pm.
Tickets will be on sale at the following outlets:
- WE ARE VERY SORRY FOR THE DELAY IN GETTING OUR TICKETS OUT! Our vendor printed our tickets and did not get the ink dry enough before stacking them to ship. Thus all the tickets were ink smeared and stuck together and they had to do a second printing. We have FedEx confirmation for a shipment on Tuesday, May 26th!
- Circle Heart Western Wear (2640 Hwy 180 East, Silver City) – on Facebook!,
- First New Mexico Bank (Silver City),
- Silver Trailer & Trailer Accessories (2 Caballero Rd, Silver City) – on Facebook!
- Lawley Dodge (2750 Hwy 180 East, Silver City) – – on Facebook! ** pay with a credit card here only!**
- Circle S Western Emporium (400 W. Pine, Deming) – on Facebook!
Tickets are $15 in advance and $18 at the gate. We also have family night on Thursday – buy 3 get one free!
2015 Event Sponsors:
- Bull Riding – Lawley Dodge
- Steer Wrestling – The Buffalo Bar
- Tie-Down Roping – Arenas Valley Animal Clinic
- Team Roping – Chuck Hamilton Construction
- Bareback Riding – Zia Family Health Care
- Saddle Bronc Riding – Leavitt Group Southwest
- Barrel Racing – First New Mexico Bank
- Steer Roping – Bill & Sue Ann Craddock
- Exceptional Rodeo – Humphrey Enterprises
- Mutton Busting – Circle Heart Western Wear
- Calf Scramble – Silver City Radio, KNFT
- Mike Mathis, Announcer – Hood River Distilleries
- Robbie Hodgins, Clown/Barrelman – First NM Bank
- Staci Trehern, Miss Turquoise Circuit and Brigitte Kennison, Miss Teen Rodeo Arizona – Edward Jones Investments/James Edd Hughs and Southwest Bone & Joint
- ALL 2015 events and times yet to be determined!
- Rodeo Kickoff – Tuesday with our Sponsor Party (by invite only).
- Timed events slack – Wednesday, June 3rd at 9 am.
- Bill Craddock Memorial Steer Roping – Thursday, June 4th at 8 am.
- The Exceptional Rodeo – Thursday, June 4th at 6 pm.
- Tough Enough to Wear Pink Night – Thursday!
- First New Mexico Bank radio remote – Wednesday, June 3rd 11 am to 1 pm.
- Circle Heart radio remote – Friday, June 5th 1:30 pm to 3 pm.
- Family dance on the slab at the arena after the rodeo by Lone Mountain 4-H – Friday and Saturday nights!
We appreciate the hard work of our rodeo stock contractor Carr Pro Rodeo and Pete Carr’s Classic Pro Rodeo
- Q: How do I enter the rodeo? A: You must be a PRCA card or permit holder to enter the WWWPR.
- Q: Any special rodeo ground rules. A: Yes, the arena gate will be closed during each Barrel Racing run.
- Q: Do I have to purchase a ticket for my infant? A: We don’t have a hard and fast rule for this. Per the rodeo chairman, “If they are 5 and younger, and will be sitting in a seat they need a ticket, if they will be sitting on your lap, no ticket needed.”
- Q: How do I become a vendor? A: We ensure that we have a variety of vendors; no one selling the same thing. We have events happening starting on Tuesday through Saturday. The charge is $300 – $500 for the week. Contact P.D. Wilkerson at 575.519.8670.
- Q: How do I get box seating? A: Box seating for the week comes with a sponsor package purchase. These sponsor packages start at $800.
- Q: How do I enter my child in the Mutton Busting? A: Circle Heart Western Wear starts the sign ups around the middle of May. They have 15 slots per performance. Parents must sign a waiver to enter their child.
- Q: Can I purchase my rodeo tickets with a credit card? A: You can buy your rodeo tickets at Lawley Dodge using a credit card. Only at this location!
For additional information contact our Rodeo Chairman, Tyler Brown at 575.538.1778. We look forward to seeing you at the Rodeo!