Welcome to the official page of the Southwest Horseman’s Association and the WILD, WILD, WEST PRORODEO in Silver City, New Mexico.
June 4, 5, 6 & 7, 2014
This annual PRCA Rodeo features high-flying bull riding, fast riding and roping and much more, all under the cool New Mexico evening skies. Our rodeo competition features some of the nation’s toughest Cowboys & Cowgirls and wildest bulls & broncs. Enjoy watching the little ones in the nightly mutton bustin’. Events are held at the Southwest Horseman’s Park, off of US Hwy 180 and Caballero Road just East of Silver City, New Mexico.
You will find links to our recent blog posts, Tweets and Facebook statuses on the left hand side of this page.
Interested in learning more about the 2014 Wild Wild West ProRodeo Queen Contest – click here!
- Wednesday, June 4 – The Boys and the Bulls with performance sponsor Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold.
- Thursday, June 5 – Family Night and “Tough Enough to Wear Pink” night with performance sponsor Snappy Mart. Exceptional Rodeo at 6:15 pm.
- Friday, June 6 – Rodeo action brought to you by Big O Tire of Silver City and Deming.
- Saturday, June 7 – The final performance brought to you by “The Brown Boys” at Werner Tire.
Gates open at 6 pm, SHA Gymkhana demonstration at 7 pm, Circle Heart Mutton Bustin’ at 7:30 pm and the PRCA Rodeo performance gets underway at 8 pm.
Tickets will be on sale around Mid May 2014 at the following outlets:
- Circle Heart Western Wear (Silver City),
- First New Mexico Bank (Silver City),
- Lawley Dodge (Silver City),
- Circle S Western Emporium (Deming)
- Trail Town Chevron (Lordsburg).
They are $15 in advance and $18 at the gate.
We thank our generous Event Sponsors:
- Bull Riding – Lawley Dodge
- Steer Wrestling – The Buffalo Bar
- Tie-Down Roping -
- Team Roping – Gonzales Law
- Bareback Riding – Zia Family Health Care
- Saddle Bronc Riding – Leavitt Group Southwest
- Barrel Racing – Wendy’s
- Steer Roping – Runyan Construction and WNM Communications
- Exceptional Rodeo – Humphrey’s Enterprises
- Ranch Bronc Riding -
There is something to do all week:
- Saturday, May 31: Rodeo Kickoff Downtwown. 9-11 am at the Silver City Farmers Market. Rodeo Queen Coronation, cowboy poetry, music, informational booths, and more!
- Saturday, May 31: Warm-up roping, enter 10 am, rope 11:30 am with Walt Nichols Memorial #12 Team Roping. Teams from the short round will run each night during the Wild, Wild, West Pro Rodeo.
- Tuesday, June 3: Pot of Silver Open Team Roping enter @ 11 am.
- Wednesday, June 4: Timed events slack begins at 9 am. Radio remote @ 1st New Mexico Bank 11 am–1 pm.
- Friday, June 6: Radio remote @ Circle Heart Western Wear 11 am-1 pm.
- June 4-7: Dance nightly at the Flame Convention Center – the official dance hall and saloon of the rodeo.
- June 6 & 7: Family dance on the slab at the arena after the rodeo by Lone Mountain 4-H.