Welcome to the official page of the Southwest Horseman’s Association and the WILD WILD WEST PRORODEO in Silver City, New Mexico.
June 3, 4, 5 & 6, 2015
Celebrating 25 years!
This annual PRCA Rodeo features high-flying bull riding, fast riding and roping and much more, all under the cool New Mexico evening skies. Our rodeo competition features some of the nation’s toughest Cowboys & Cowgirls and wildest bulls & broncs. Enjoy watching the little ones in the nightly mutton bustin’. Events are held at the Southwest Horseman’s Park, off of US Hwy 180 and Caballero Road just East of Silver City, New Mexico.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
Many thanks to our nightly sponsors:
- Wednesday – The Boys and the Bulls with performance sponsor Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold.
- Thursday – Family Night and “Tough Enough to Wear Pink” night with performance sponsor Snappy Mart. Exceptional Rodeo at 6:15 pm.
- Friday – Rodeo action brought to you by Big O Tire of Silver City and Deming.
- Saturday – The final performance brought to you by “The Brown Boys” at Werner Tire.
Gates open at 6 pm, Circle Heart Mutton Bustin’ at 7:30 pm and the PRCA Rodeo performance gets underway at 8 pm.
Tickets will be on sale around Mid May 2015 at the following outlets:
- Circle Heart Western Wear (Silver City),
- First New Mexico Bank (Silver City),
- Lawley Dodge (Silver City), ** new pay with a credit card here only!**
Tickets are $– in advance and $– at the gate.
We will soon be announcing our Event Sponsors:
- Bull Riding
- Steer Wrestling
- Tie-Down Roping
- Team Roping
- Bareback Riding
- Saddle Bronc Riding
- Barrel Racing
- Steer Roping
- Exceptional Rodeo
- Mutton Busting
- ALL 2015 events and times yet to be determined!
- Rodeo Kickoff
- Walt Nichols Memorial #12 Team Roping. Teams from the short round will run each night during the Wild Wild West ProRodeo.
- Pot of Silver Open Team Roping
- Timed events slack
- Steer Roping
- The Exceptional Rodeo
- Tough Enough to Wear Pink Night
- First New Mexico Bank radio remote
- Circle Heart radio remote
- Family dance on the slab at the arena after the rodeo by Lone Mountain 4-H.
We appreciate the hard work of our rodeo stock contractor Pete Carr’s Classic Pro Rodeo
- Q: How do I enter the rodeo? A: You must be a PRCA card or permit holder to enter the WWWPR.
- Q: Any special rodeo ground rules. A: Yes, the arena gate will be closed during each Barrel Racing run.
- Q: Do I have to purchase a ticket for my infant? A: We don’t have a hard and fast rule for this. Per the rodeo chairman, “If they will be sitting in a seat they need a ticket, if they will be sitting on your lap, no ticket needed.”
- Q: How do I become a vendor? A: We ensure that we have a variety of vendors; no one selling the same thing. We have events happening starting on Tuesday through Saturday. The charge is $300 – $500 for the week. Contact P.D. Wilkerson at 575.519.8670.
- Q: How do I get box seating? A: Box seating for the week comes with a sponsor package purchase. These sponsor packages start at $800.
- Q: How do I enter my child in the Mutton Busting? A: Circle Heart Western Wear starts the sign ups around the middle of May. They have 15 slots per performance. Parents must sign a waiver to enter their child.
- Q: Can I purchase my rodeo tickets with a credit card? A: This year, for the first time, you can buy your rodeo tickets at Lawley Dodge using a credit card. Only at this location!
For additional information contact our Rodeo Chairman, Tyler Brown at 575.538.1778. We look forward to seeing you at the Rodeo!